12/23/2008

no more scrooge...

Well, off bright and early tomorrow at 4am heading toward the province of Chiriqui, Panama. This is where most of my relatives live here in Panama. So I will be there until next Monday to celebrate the holidays with family. Last night stayed up late making holiday trail mix with nut clusters for my coworkers and wrapping some presents. I made up my own thing (like always) and I think it's tasty! I'll have to post some pics latter....

Laurie's Holiday Trail Mix with Nut Clusters:
(*note measurements are really approximate because I don't measure while I cook!)
clusters:
NUTS (I had a variety: pistachios, almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamia, and pepitas (seeds). I probably had like 4-5 cups of nuts.
HONEY-1 tble sp
SUGAR-3/4 cup
BUTTER-3 tble sp
SPICES-1 tble sp cinnamon, 1 tsp clove, cardemon, nutmeg
1)place spices and nuts in pan and toast for 5 mins
2)mix honey, butter, and sugar in pot and boil into a thick caramel for about 5-7 mins
3)mix nuts and caramel together and spread out on foil or wax paper and let cool
4)break into clusters

Trail Mix:
NUT CLUSTERS (recipe above)
HONEY CHEX MIX 1 bag
RAISINS like 1 1/2 cups
MARSHMALLOWS 2 cups
CHOCOLATE CHIPS 2 cups


PS: used my own snowflake paper for the name tags!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Site Meter