7/06/2009

XXXII Feria de Artesanias Nacionales

Some highlights from my day at the XXXII Feria de Artesanías Nacionales held in Atlapa (May 31). I had a great time seeing amazing Panamanian arts and crafts and tasting national treats all while listening to traditional music and stopping occationally to see dance presentations! Def recommend going if your ever so lucky! I ate a tamal de pollo (tamales here are wrapped in banana leafs and steamed), helado de pipa (coconut icecream), chicheme (corn/milk drink), and passion fruit cocolate! MMMMM! I only bought some organic coffee from the native territories of the Guami in Chiriqui and a special treat for my best friends little boy. In pictures above (right to left) traditional woven hats, baskets and woven things by the Embera Indians, nifty looking goared lamp shades, polleras, woven masks and chocolate stand!
*The images are for your personal use only and I retain the copyright. Thank you :D

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Site Meter